Board and Director Positions
Below are the Executive Board and Director positions for Marcus Swim and Dive Booster Club. The job responsibilities listed below are just a general overview of the job to give an idea about each position. Specific responsibilities can be requested from the President. Executive Board members are required to attend all booster meetings and have voting privileges.
President – Sarah Brown
- Preside over executive and general meetings.
- Oversee all executive and director positions.
- Responsible for the booster club's compliance with booster bylaws and rules.
- Be the connection between Coaches and Parents
- Update the team website weekly, including calendar, events and information.
- Be the liaison between student leadership and the booster club.
- Manage communication to MHS, Coaches and parents throughout the season.
- Help coordinate away trips, team dinners / breakfasts, and any other events.
VP of Administration / Spirit Wear – Mary Leone
- Order all team shirts, warm ups, sweatshirts, car decals, yard signs, etc.
- Order team suits - work with Seniors to pick suits and assist sizing and ordering.
- Coordinate Speedo Squad shirts, including ordering and delivering to athletes.
- Coordinate Boys & Girls Team shirt designs, ordering and delivery to athletes.
- Order any mid-season shirts (regional, state).
- Assist with Senior events - examples of team photo, yearbook ad, senior night
VP of Meet Management – ________________
Asst Meet Manager - ________________ (shadow VP, not board position)
- Help coordinate all swim meets that MHS has a hand in hosting, including fundraiser meets (ie. college meets)
- Posts job signups for volunteers and any updates to positions on website:
- Meet jobs include: Admissions, HyTek Computer, Colorado Timing, Safety Marshal, Volunteer Check In, Timers, Head Timer, Runners and Announcer
- Also, responsible for coordinating all volunteers at the swim / dive meet
- Meet set up responsibilities - change for admissions, heat sheets, etc.
Secretary – Christine Harvey
- Take Minutes for both general and executive meetings and make sure they are posted on the team website within a few days.
- Maintain and update booster club bylaws.
- Compile registration packets with all appropriate forms to be handed out at mandatory parent / athlete orientation meeting in September
- Help coordinate the team fun outing and district dinner
Treasurer – Christine Thomson
- Pay Bills in a timely manor
- Write checks, sign checks
- Keep accurate books and reconcile bank statements
- File Taxes
- Collect Mail from Post Net Mailbox
- Coordinate Cash Boxes for meets
- Collect and deposit all funds in a timely manor
- Compile a written report of expenses and income to be given to Executive board monthly
- Create a yearly budget to be approved by the executive board
DIRECTORS / CORE Positions
Food / Hospitality Director - _____________________
with a Committee of 2-3 people Cathy Murphy, Ingrid Pueskens, Tatum Dezzutti
- Coordinate Team meals to be delivered or picked up for specific meets
- Negotiate prices and menus with local businesses for team meals
- Solicit and coordinate donations from local businesses and athlete families for meets that contain hospitality
- Purchase items as needed (food, drinks ect)
- Set up and clean up of Hospitality room
Dive Representative – Heather Moran
- Be the voice for all things with the MHS Dive Team
- Update the team website weekly, including calendar, events and information for all Dive meets
- Upload any results to the team website
Banquet Chairman – Kim Conrad
with a Committee of 2-3 people - _______________
- Work with a committee to ensure the following
occurs within your given budget:
- Work with the Venue on all details/timing ect.
- Decorations and Invitations
- Video / Entertainment
- Coaches’ Gifts
- Set Up and Clean Up
Duel in the Pool / Senior Night - ______(every other year)___________
- FMHS and MHS alternate hosting every year. (FMHS for 2019-2020)
- When FMHS hosts – provide senior names / pictures / senior boards;
- When MHS hosts –
- Coordinate athlete information,
- Coordinate decorating the WAC classroom, lobby area and bulkhead
- Coordinate Cake
Fundraising / Sponsorship – Heather Moran
- Create a plan for team sponsors.
- Research options for outside fundraising and present to board.
- Manage any outside fundraising events.